A decoction is useful when you want to make a tea out of hard parts of herbs,
like root, bark or wood.
- 1 teaspoon up to 1 table-spoon of herbs (root, bark, wood)
- A bit more than 1 cup of water
How to do it
- Put the water and the herbs into a pot.
- cover the
- Heat the water until it boils.
- Let it boil for 5 up to 30 minutes (time differs depending on the herb)
- Take the pot from the hearth.
- Let the tea wait for some minutes.
- Pour the tea through a sieve.
- When preparing a tea against colds, you could add honey to the tea, when it should be against stomach problems it should stay bitter without honey or sugar.
- Drink the tea in small sips.