An infusion is the most popular way to cook a tea of remedial herbs.
For a hot infusion you pour boiling water on the herbs.
Infusions are good for normal herbs, the green parts of herbs
and mixtures of different herbs.
- 1 teaspoon up to 1 table-spoon of herbs
- 1 cup of boiling water
How to do it
- Heat water until it boiles.
- Put herbs in a cup or in a pot.
- Pour the boiling water over the herbs.
- Cover the cup, escecially when preparing an infusion with herbs, that are conatining lots of essential oils.
- Wait for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the infusion through a sieve.
- When preparing a tea against colds, you could add honey to the tea, when it should be against stomach problems it should stay bitter without honey or sugar.
- Drink the tea in small sips.
Examples for herbs that are good for hot infusions.